Sometimes, people find it clear that it’s time to get a divorce. For instance, maybe you came home from work early to find out that your spouse was cheating on you. From that moment on, you knew you were going to end it.
Most of the time, though, this type of moment doesn’t exist. Instead, divorce is something that people have to think about and consider carefully. They want to make sure that they know what they want and that the marriage really isn’t working. That’s not as clear, in many cases, so you need to know what signs to look for. A few include:
- You don’t really spend time together. You don’t talk. Maybe you sit in the same room while you both browse your phones, but you’re not really together.
- The intimacy is gone. Maybe you even sleep in separate rooms. You feel like roommates or even coworkers, not a couple.
- You used to fight, but now you don’t. It’s not because things got better. You’re just ignoring the issues because you no longer care about working them out.
- You think about divorce or about leaving your spouse. This happens all the time. You’re excited by the idea.
- You start spending time with other people. You don’t have an affair, but you talk to your friends and you basically ignore your spouse. They do the same to you.
People drift apart. Marriages end. It happens. When you feel like it is going to happen to you in the near future, it’s time to start looking into the legal steps you need to take.